Around 40 companies with some 5,000 employees are based at or near the GIANT campus
The GIANT campus boasts three flagship companies – STMicroelectronics (2,000 employees), Siemens (900 employees), and Schneider Electric (850 employees).
The neighboring Polytec business park houses a large Schneider Electric R&D facility (250 employees) as well as over a dozen other enterprises including bioMérieux (200 employees) and Corys Tess (230 employees).
In addition, around 20 companies work at the MINATEC High-Tech Building to develop innovative technology in association with GIANT research labs.
The number of people working at these sites is expected to double in the next few years to reach 10,000.
Setting up a business at GIANT
Companies wishing to open a site at or near the GIANT campus can tap into all of the useful support services offered by the Grenoble-Isère Economic Development Agency (AEPI). These services include site visits, help obtaining financing, and introductions to contacts at leading local business organizations.
AEPI has helped 200 businesses with a total of 5,000 employees set up in the area over the past ten years.
Grenoble-Isère offers the following advantages to technology organizations:
- A global research and business community with professionals from over 40 different countries
- World-class research equipment including the Synchrotron (ESRF) and the Institut Laue Langevin (ILL)
- Powerful synergies among R&D centers, companies, and universities that spark genuine innovation
- Efficient road, rail, and air transportation infrastructure that connect the region to all major European capitals
- An exceptional quality of life in beautiful surroundings at the heart of the French Alps