The GIANT Junior Ambassadors team takes over
the Junior Scientist and Industry annual meeting
The 11th edition of the Junior Scientist and Industry annual meeting (JSIam) will be back with a new event format on 29 March 2019, at Maison MINATEC in Grenoble.
Why should you attend?
The Junior Scientist and Industry annual meeting is a networking event intended for PhD students and postdocs to meet industry and startups professionals, consider whether an industry career is for them, and find information and tools to prepare for it.
The JSIam is the place where junior researchers explore possible career paths outside of academia and start building connections ; and it’s where industry and startup professionals can find the talents of tomorrow and keep up with the latest research going on in GIANT labs
After 10 editions, the GIANT Junior Ambassadors have changed the event format and made it more hands-on. You can expect:
- A general talk and panel on industry career prospects for doctors
- More workshops: 3 one-hour sessions of practical (LinkedIn, CV & job search tools, preparing an interview, work and residence permits in France…) or industry specific workshops
- A speed-meeting session at lunch with doctors working in industry/startups
- An Instagram contest to showcase you skills!
Registration is free for both junior researchers and industry representatives
Industry attendees can already register here, until 26 March !
HR, R&D, technology, and consulting professionals are most welcome to attend to meet our young researchers and participate in the contest jury!
The registration form for junior scientists will be available from 25 February to 26 March. Until then:
- make sure you are available on 29 March!
- think about your Instagram contest entry, deadline on 22 March!
The JSIam is open to all PhD students and postdoc fellows in labs, startups and companies in and around Grenoble.
International student and worried about the language barrier? The JSIam will be fully held in English!