To help you settle down in Grenoble, several volunteer or public organisations were set up in the Grenoble area to welcome you and your family and help you adapt to the French way of life.
They will be able to assist you with matters related to your daily life in Grenoble, give you practical information and advice about e.g. accommodation, healthcare, schools, social life, and other activities for spouses and children.
We suggest that you contact them as soon as you arrive, for you and your family to meet other newcomers as well as people who are already settled in the Grenoble area.
- AVF Grenoble (Accueil des Villes Françaises)
- AVF Meylan
- La Maison de l’International de Grenoble
- Open House
- L’Alliance Française
- Sweet Home Grenoble
Other useful links and adresses
For your information, here is a list of specialist web sites in English for expatriates:
- Grenoble Life: blog about life in Grenoble, great variety of topics and information classified ads
- French Entrée: guide to property and life in France
- AngloINFO French Alps: living and moving to the french Alps, practical information
- Grenoble – Wikipedia: general information about Grenoble in English
- Working Women’s Network of Grenoble (WWNG) – networking association for English speaking professional women, living or working in the Grenoble area.
Coaching/counseling (English speaking)
- Active Adaptation Counseling: Trudi Penkler – English language counseling services, especially for families in transition. International coach and trainer.
- SOS Help: listening service in English, from 3pm to 11pm daily.
Elizabeth Stone Matho: psychoanalyst, art therapy in English or French. Tel: 04.76.54.03.12 . E-mail: email@example.com