The 7th edition of the French American Workshop will take place on 21 and 22 June 2018 at Maison MINATEC in Grenoble, in the framework of the GIANT International Internship Programme.
This scientific event, supported by the US Consulate in Lyon, the French Embassy in Washington, and the Nanosciences Foundation, gathers academics, scientists and industry representatives. We aim at developing the French-American network around opportunities in the fields of research and industry.
The main theme of these two days will be the franco-american cooperation in research and education, with a focus on opportunities for international research experience.
Prof Catherine Picart, Grenoble Institute of Technology, Materials and Physical Engineering Laboratory (LMGP) will give a plenary lecture on 21 June. A special edition of Midi MINATEC, in English, will give the floor to Prof Daeyeon Lee, University of Pennsylvania, Soft Materials Research and Technology (SMART) lab, Nanosciences Foundation Chair, on 22 June.
The programme includes:
- Poster sessions for students to showcase their work and background,
- Visits of state-of-the-art research facilities in Grenoble,
- Testimonials and presentations of research experiences on both sides of the Atlantic,
- Gala dinner at La Bastille
The FAW is free by registration below before 19 June. Note that if you register now and want to attend the Midi-MINATEC on Friday noon, you’ll also need to register through the Midi-MINATEC page here.
For more information:
- Preparation (guidelines for posters and slides)
- How to get to Maison MINATEC
- For questions, contact the organisation committee
Registration is now closed